Spiced coffee is brewed with aromatic spices bringing a distinctive flavour to each style of Coffee.
Above all, spices play their part in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, arthritis, asthma and diabetes.
In addition, the use of flavours from cinnamon, cocoa, ginger, cloves, rosemary and thyme black peppercorn, basil and cardamom seed is much loved and appreciated.
Health Benefits Of Various Spices Used
Spices, in particular, possesses numerous health benefits.
In fact, spices have frequently been mentioned in the Ayurveda as a treatment for many digestive issues.
They are also considered as natural antioxidants hence play an important role in defence mechanisms in the body.
Ginger is a plant with leafy stems and yellow flowers. The roots of the plant are used as a ginger spice.
- Strengthen digestion
- Beneficial against cold, flu sore throat
- Relieve nausea and vomiting
- Alleviation of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint and muscle pain
- Helpful in migraine
- Relive menstruation discomforts and pains
- Maintain heart health because of its ability to prevent blood clotting
- Helpful in weight loss
- Increase immunity
- Cures Bacterial infection
- Beneficial for the skin
- Pepper is a remedy for indigestion, various pain and infections
- Enhance digestive tract function.
- Source of natural antioxidants
- Reduce the likelihood of cancer, heart and blood vessel diseases and degenerative joint disease
- Natural preservative
- Slow down the ageing process.
- Helps in relieving symptoms of diarrhoea, nausea, bloating or digestive disorders because its consumption influences the production of saliva and digestive enzymes.
- Soothes inflammation.
- Breakdown of fat cells
Mint is a calming herb that people have used for thousands of years. Mint leaves have a fresh, aromatic, sweet flavour with a cooling after taste.
The leaves are rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin C, D, E, iron, phosphorous, calcium and trace amounts of the vitamin B complex.
- Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic effect on the body.
- It is a powerful Antioxidant and helps against the formation of cancerous cells.
- Improve the functioning of the Immune System.
- Help relieve symptoms of heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the muscles in and around the intestine.
- Controls the growth of harmful bacteria and fungus in the body.
- Helps cure asthma and other allergic conditions to some extent.
- It is a strong diuretic, it helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Relieve congestion especially related to common cold or sinus problems.
- Reduce abdominal cramps and pains.
Cardamom displays anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, anti-tumour and gastro-protective properties. Also known for its taste and aroma qualities.
Traditional therapeutic use includes:
- Lower the blood pressure.
- Effective in Management of asthma.
- Effective in preventing and treating teeth and gum infections.
- Relieve symptoms of nausea, diarrhoea.
- Helpful against digestive and kidney disorders because of its diuretic property.
- Efficient in the prevention of various types of cardiovascular diseases.
- Effective in the treatment of infectious bacterial and fungal diseases.
Jaggery is a natural sweetener which is obtained from raw, concentrated sugarcane juice. It is rich in many vital vitamins and minerals.
Jaggery from time age-old has been reported to have many health benefits.
- Strengthens the nervous system due to the presence of magnesium in it.
- Helps to relax muscles, gives relief from fatigue.
- It acts as an anti-oxidant due presence of selenium.
- Presence of Iron helps to prevent anaemia.
- It also helps to relieve tension and takes care of asthma, as it has anti-allergy properties.
- Helps to cure jaundice
- Help indigestion
- Boosts immunity
- Helps treat cold and cough
- It helps remove free radicals from blood due to its antioxidant properties.
Here is an interesting recipe of my Spiced coffee-
Coffee powder – 1/2 tsp,
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp,
Cinnamon powder 1/2
Ginger shredded 1/2 tsp,
Milk full cream 200ml,
Water 1/2 cup
Boil water in a pan. Add coffee powder, ginger, cinnamon powder, and cardamom powder. Bring this to boil. Now add milk. Turn off the flame when coffee starts to boil. Now add sugar. Sieve masala coffee into the coffee mug. Your spiced coffee is ready !!!
You may increase or decrease the number of spices as per your taste. You may also consider using brown sugar or jaggery powder instead of refined sugar.
Coffee is probably the most frequently ingested beverage worldwide. Spiced coffee has significant antioxidant activity in the body.
Not only does spiced coffee help in the prevention of cancer and diabetes, but it also makes the immune system of the body stronger and keeps you free of common diseases and infections.
Let the aromas invigorate your senses and reap the benefits of healthy antioxidants.